During our inquiry we shall be examining some radical questions on the theme of learning raised in the teachings. Our intention in this retreat is not to understand what K is saying, but to realise we are engaging in a process of learning about ourselves. Can we move with what is being said by K: can we observe directly and actually experience what we are inquiring into? Do we allow these questions to have a deep impact on us, in the dialogue and in our everyday life?
The theme and our action in the dialogue is all about learning.
Possible questions explored:
- What is the nature of learning K talks about?
- Can the old patterns of learning be broken?
- Knowledge and the past
- What is insight?
- Can the brain cells change?
- Motive & direction
- This In-Depth Study Intensive offers a complete break with everyday life and routine: a moment of retreat for self inquiry and potential life changing learning.
- Unstructured mornings providing time for silence, reflection, reading, watching K videos, spontaneous dialogue and simple enjoyment of the surrounding natural beauty.
- Contemplation and time alone to walk and/or sit quietly are greatly encouraged.
- Afternoon sessions providing a forum for dialogue and deep inquiry
Dialogue and deep inquiry
The challenge of dialogue is to open a space for a different kind of dynamic learning to unfold. Together, the circle participates in allowing a process of communication that is less burdened with conventional thought and behaviour patterns and that has the potential for affectionate, careful listening and direct observation. The energy gathered in this process may perhaps open our mind rather than forever fill it with more of the same.
Our inquiry however is not limited to our own self-discovery. In these modern times where change and intelligence seem so desperately needed, can this kind of inquiry create a new way of living and a very different world?