KFA - Krishnamurti Foundation of America

You are not logged in.

Announcement

To use the forum: 1) request the creation of a new account by clicking Register and sending us an email with your desired username 2) new users will be e-mailed a random password within three business days. They can then log in and change this password in their profile if they see fit. This feature also requires users to verify new e-mail addresses if they choose to change from the one they registered with 3) click Dialogue Forum link to enter the dialogue forum 4) click on an existing thread or post a new topic 5) enjoy the dialogue.....
Kindly be mindful of the following points regarding the forum. Dialogue is thinking together - it isnít debate - and it's inquiring together without end point or agenda. People come into the dialogue from their own place of understanding, which is not going to be your place of understanding. Weíre here to communicate together, learn together and gain insight into our own thought; to receive and share our observations, not impose our views on others. Address the comments in a polite, considerate manner. By all means, ask for clarification, but challenge the comment, not the commentator. We donít know enough about the others to make those judgments and weíre here to learn about ourselves, not to correct another's perceived personality flaws. If a comment brings an emotional response, look at that. Do you feel the need to defend? To attack? Time for some looking inward. Self protection results in war. Besides, the war is in each of us. Stop that war, and the rest will take care of itself. (For some suggestions on the nature of dialogue, please click here)

Make friends across the globe, post your photos and videos, write a blog or start a discussion, just go to jkrishnamurti.ning.com

#126 2012-02-24 17:56:29

tree

Re: Addiction

(as well as a movie studio)

#127 2012-02-24 18:06:43

kirsten

#128 2012-02-24 18:16:02

tree

#129 2012-02-24 18:25:36

natura
Website

joe wrote:

Natura, I imagine you saw this before you wrote this initial post, or as you did, and here it is. Life is what happens...

Yes, joe, my dear friend, Iíve done it, indeed.

I always prefer to discuss things which are in the field of my vision and as you can see from this thread Iím appealing to people, asking them to do the same. Iím trying to redirect their attention and ask them what they see and what they not.
That way we can stay on the same level of understanding and speak to each other mutually understandable language instead of merging into theoretical imaginations, verbal speculations, arguing and drowning eventually in personal attacks.

ĎLife is what happensíófact.
Öand seeing, immediate perceiving this fact non-verbally is a greatest gift of the human beingís nature hidden behind those dusty clouds of inherited verbosity.

And thatís what Krishnamurti is all about; thatís the central and terminal point of his Teaching.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν (nosce te ipsum)

#130 2012-02-24 18:43:54

natura
Website

kirsten wrote:

besides the many voices i also have a jukebox in my head

They could take varieties of forms, Kirsten.
Music, songs, counting things, dialogs, obsessional ideas etc.

They could also cause serious mental disorders like hearing inner voices as if someone speaks to you out from your inner world, can discuss and argue with you, paralyse your own will and impose their own one on you; some people couldnít get rid from loud music inside of them and many, many others syndromes of inner conflict.

Last edited by natura (2012-02-24 18:50:47)

#131 2012-02-24 18:50:42

kirsten

yep, seen them all, in me.

#132 2012-02-24 18:50:42

tree

natura, yours is the path of pretension...

#133 2012-02-24 18:55:40

tree

(coy and presumptuous)

#134 2012-02-24 18:55:56

wilbro99
Website

tree being an ash: "natura, yours is the path of pretension..."

Well, natura, you can ward off the mangle tree with a 6-pack of UF!

[Since a space has opened up, it is time to split.]

#135 2012-02-24 19:00:16

natura
Website

tree wrote:

Well, I should have expected this message

Previously I told to Bruce, anything he can reach with his messages is to divide people into believers and non-believers.

Now Iím getting into that trap myself.

Thanks for reminding me, tree.

#136 2012-02-24 19:02:53

kirsten

much better, that's a 6-pack of tact.

#137 2012-02-24 19:05:13

natura
Website

tree wrote:

(coy and presumptuous)

Sorry, sorry, sorryÖ

I stepped over the border, now I see
Öinadvertently

#138 2012-02-24 19:14:46

natura
Website

wilbro99 wrote:

tree being an ash: "natura, yours is the path of pretension..."

Well, natura, you can ward off the mangle tree with a 6-pack of UF!

6-pack of UF is outside of scopes of this thread, Willy.

Next time, maybe

#139 2012-02-24 19:28:59

natura
Website

kirsten wrote:

yep, seen them all, in me.

Artists, as you are, use to be particularly prone to taking them

#140 2012-02-24 19:39:30

tree

natura, styles differ
good to know you can accept the feedback with grace, thanks for your honest commitment

#141 2012-02-24 20:02:09

natura
Website

tree wrote:

natura, styles differ
good to know you can accept the feedback with grace, thanks for your honest commitment

Thatís alright.

I think we will continue this thread until some logical outcome.

Honestly, Iím sad a little bit; you say you have no interest.

You are some kind of artist too, with all your pictures here and especially what is behind them.
Iím still suspicious, you could have said something into the matter.
Though, up to you, of course.

#142 2012-02-24 20:11:15

wilbro99
Website

thanks, natura, I hear, over & out...

[Since a space has opened up, it is time to split.]

#143 2012-02-24 20:28:33

tree

natura wrote:

tree wrote:

natura, styles differ

Thatís alright.

You are some kind of artist too, with all your pictures here and especially what is behind them.

nothing to add natura..what you say is clear and i respect your endeaver

#144 2012-02-24 21:05:46

natura
Website

joe wrote:

Natura, I imagine you saw this before you wrote this initial post, or as you did, and here it is. Life is what happens...

I think I know what else you mean with this message, joe; I donít just want to discuss it right now.

#145 2012-02-24 21:10:05

natura
Website

tree wrote:

natura wrote:

tree wrote:

natura, styles differ

Thatís alright.

nothing to add natura..what you say is clear and i respect your endeaver

Alright,
and I respect your attitude, too.

Anyhow, Iím not ready with this topic, yet.
It just supposed to be a prerequisite.

#146 2012-02-25 00:47:10

sds

Hi Natura,

I re-read this whole thread and have to say it is a great thread. Thank you so much for all of your time and patience and sharing so far in it. I do hope you continue with it and articulate more like you have been. I think and feel it is a very important topic and I have read it with diligence and great enthusiasm.

I did re-read all of my posts in here and some of them really do not belong. If you would like me to delete them, the ones that are off topic, I gladly will do so, to keep this thread more pure and on topic. Just let me know.

I will try to contribute in this thread too if I feel I have something worthwhile to share, but I will definitely continue reading this and re-reading it.

Natura, you would make K proud with this thread. Please keep it up and continue it till its logical conclusion. Many thanks for your participation in it and hard work and time and energy...

#147 2012-02-25 13:47:43

RJ

oh Fathers!

how did you misuse your children that they would fall to such obsequiousness to win the approval of strange men whom they will never meet and never know?

#148 2012-02-25 20:07:11

sds

natura wrote:

tree wrote:

Previously I told to Bruce, anything he can reach with his messages is to divide people into believers and non-believers.

I dont see any pretension at all on Naturas part.

I do hope that Natura continues this thread soon.

I look forward in anticipation.

#149 2012-02-25 20:39:35

natura
Website

Hi sds,

Thank you for your feedback.

Sure, you donít mean it as obsequiousness at all as well as our Father never misuses any children.

Fanny, a couple of days ago I met my friend. She previously was living for two years in New Zealand and while talking she came several times to tell me how happy she was living there, how beautiful Maoris look and how friendly the local people are.
So Iím now thinking, maybe we shouldnít take RJ every times literally?

My guess is, you payed more attention on the thread, discovered important point in it which you hadnít seen before and got just a little bit emotional.

OK, we can just try to make it useful. So, follow my words and be always free to say if you see it differently or donít see at all.

In my vision itís extremely important moment to be notice and observed Ė noticing new things.

We are living in the world of usual things around us every time busy solving our quotidian problems and trying to reach attractive things.
Easy things can be close around us, we are getting used to their presence and donít pay any attention on them because they are not in the field of our interests and priority.
One day for some reason or unexpectedly we may direct our attention on them and might be surprised by discovering how important and useful those things might be.
Since then we never disregard them. We see them permanently because they become part of our life.
We understand their meaning and are living with them without disregarding them as well as without discovering them again and again.
I think anyone of us can remember similar events from their life because itís most usual thing.

That noticing and further seeing the things is our human understanding.
We notice the meaning of fire and never put our fingers in there but using it effectively for cooking. We understand the meaning of a car and since then the most dangerous thing becomes handy. So is the whole life.

BTW, most people obviously donít understand the whole meaning of war and killing and global suffering therefore is enormous as we can see from the news or some of us maybe even directly.

Well, it was in general. Now we can try to apply what is being sad specifically to the point of the thread Ė the inner talking which is not to be possible to stop by will.

Iím sure, people coming over here to Krishnamurti forum and seriously concerning about his teaching have to be perfectly aware about existing of this phenomenon.
I would like to direct attention as many participants as possible on it.

In further process we will try to explore its qualities and significance.

#150 2012-02-25 21:31:44

natura
Website

sds wrote:

natura wrote:

tree wrote:

I dont see any pretension at all on Naturas part.

I was over the board in some place in my response to joe.

Well, Krishnamurti was pretty often with that. He talked about things and made some statements which were beyond the words. He was the first man on the earth trying to explain that new kind of meditation and needed sometimes to talk like that.
Now many people, unfortunately, who have never been in that special state of truth, trying to imitate him are doing the same or they quoting him mechanically without enough understanding Ė they are causing with that enormous mess, first of all, in their own heads and then in the heads of their listeners or readers.

Krishnamurti got titles like The World Teacher or The Teacher of the Teachers and some others without he wanted them.
They were helpful for him making him popular and promoting spreading of his Teaching. On the other hand they brought up a load of confusion so that not everyone at all can understand until now what he means because people confront with inevitable contradictions in there like, for example, that: an obvious World Teacher who says he is not a teacher at all.

Anyhow, we have the Teaching and can use it practically without further necessity to go with thought into the area which is just inaccessible for it.

Anything we need now is to unravel the Teaching which means to understand it in all its contradictions.

Board footer